This week's #honestcraftroomies Periscope hop was about our wish list for sewing and quilting. My birthday is the week before Christmas and my main wish is to get my sewing room done. I'd like to hang a pegboard, decorations and install a folding table/cutting table that I've dreamed up, but we will see! It's fun to think and dream about new supplies, patterns, trips, machines, and fabric. Most (all?) of which I don't need and can do just fine without. But here are a few wishes (and dreams) on my list. (And don't forget you can follow me on Periscope and find my replays on katch).
- Clover Hot Ruler*
- French Curve ruler
- set of Prismacolor pencils*
- Classes from my local fabric shops. The French Seam has a class on pressing techniques and a class on hems I'd like to take. I've considered taking the Quilting 101 course from my LQS.
- Seamwork Magazine subscription
- A super cute, new pin cushion. I need to just make one.
(I meant to buy these during the after Thanksgiving sales, and blew it)
Not-So-Realistic (or necessary!)
- All the Art Gallery Denim! I don't really need all of it, but it's hard to pick which ones I want most.
- A really nice sewing machine, like a Janome Skyline S7 or similar Bernina
- A heavy duty or industrial Juki (or here*)
- Attend a large sewing convention or sewing retreat like Quilt Market, Sewtopia or Sew Pro - I don't really have a good reason to go, so I'll live vicariously through social media!
- Leather Hide Store gift card
- A steam press*. This actually would be really handy for making my handbags - interfacing is the longest part (well, that and cutting it all out)!
- The domain for my blog name without the dashes. It's taken, but hasn't been used. Makes me sad.
Here is the replay of my Periscope broadcast if you enjoy video where someone is reading comments and talking to people you can't see! Let me know what is on your wish list in the comments!